Friday, March 12, 2010

You can stand under my umbrella-ella-ella-eh-eh...eh wait it stopped raining!

What a crazy, great day!!

This morning, I woke up veeery early to go to the American Church in London on Tottenham Court Road to use the piano practice room.  NYUL arranged for me to use the practice room.  When I got there, it turns out the "practice room" is actually the entire church sanctuary, and there is a piano in the middle.  At first, I thought it might be odd, playing in a silent church.  But, it was so soothing once I pressed the first key.  I practiced Fantasie Impromptu, Bells of Moscow, and Liebestraum for about 30 minutes before work.  Oh, God, it was so calming.  I wish I had a piano in NIDO.

Then, I headed to work but my supervisor was out sick.  I begged the other people at the NYUL office to give me work, but two hours later they gave up and I went to Hummus Bros for lunch, walked through the British Museum really fast, and headed home.

Of course, on my way home, it started drizzling...then pouring.  It was the first time it rained in more than a week and a half!  Yet...now here as I'm sitting at my desk, it is ABSOLUTELY SUNNY outside.  Oh, God I am so deliriously happy right now, looking out at this beautiful bright LONDON.  I just wish I had an excuse to go outside and walk around.

Tomorrow, I volunteered to be a program leader for a trip to Windsor Castle.  Basically, I have to meet 25 people at Waterloo Station and give out tickets, take them to Windsor, and give them tickets to the castle.  It's quite a lot of responsibility, but I think I can handle it, and I am very excited that I can get into the castle for free!  I ALSO GOT ONE OF THOSE YELLOW NYUL ORIENTATION T-SHIRTS, BALLIN'.

Gonna stare out my window and enjoy the weather from inside now.  Ta!!

1 comment:

  1. That's so freaken awesome! Be sure to share the experience of being a tour leader!

    ReplyDelete