Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Look, a rice-berg!

Today was the first time here that I felt profoundly unhappy.

For lunch, I had free Hare Krishna food on campus.  It's a free/non-profit thing where this guy doles out nearly-expired vegetarian food like rice and beans and cakes.  Often, it's a gigantic dollop of each (today the guy gave me a huge chunk of rice and said, "Look, a rice-berg!"  That kind of made my day) that you cannot possibly finish.  Anyway, today was some vegetables and beans and potatoes and mystery stuff on rice.  An hour after I ate it, I had the worst combination of cramps/stomach ache/food poisoning (?).  I had to drag my ass 30 minutes back home to NIDO, where I downed two Tylenol and tried to nap.  Thank GOD my class this afternoon was canceled, otherwise I would have thrown up while seeing London's architecture.  It was hard falling asleep because I was curled up in a fetal position and sweating profusely.

And then I woke up from my nap 3 hours later feeling absolutely fine!  Oh the magic of modern medicine.  And sleep.

p.s. As nice the prospect of free lunch is, I AM NEVER HAVING HARE KRISHNA FOOD FOR LUNCH AGAIN.  I would rather violate my rule of life: free = good.

No comments:

Post a Comment