Tuesday, March 16, 2010

You are college-bound!

I'm in the computer lab in 6 Bedford Square, with 15 minutes to go before my class...organic chemistry recitation and lab, fantastic.

It's about time for college acceptance letters back home for my sister and her classmates.  The class of 2010 has not had an easy year, especially at Stuyvesant.  I really wish I could be home to cheer her on, or lend a shoulder to cry on, or give out hugs in general.  Although, I highly doubt my sister will need a shoulder on which to cry, since she is massively smart and bright and will probably get accepted to all the schools to which she applied.  Still, I wish I could be home to share in this milestone in her life.  I remember the time of my college acceptance and rejection letters was one of the worst times, since it came the day before my birthday.  Yes, I was rejected from a lot of colleges just before my 18th birthday.  It's a big time in a high school student's life, and I really really really wish I were with my sister right now!  K, I know you're like the only person who reads this blog anyway, so: SHOUT OUT.  I miss you, and it's probably too late to wish you luck, so now I offer you congratulations.  <3<3<3

1 comment:

  1. Aw, thank you <333

    Yes, the Stuy class of 2010 has had it... weird. But we make the most of it. Currently there's some racial tension brewing between the Koreans and Chinese, which makes no sense because we're of the same race. Cultural tension, then. It's hilarious; my friend writes awesome song parodies and raps for his Korean cause. This was irrelevant, but thinking of our year's turmoil (Tur-Mohel, hehe) reminded me.

    Again, thanks. Mom told me that you'd be jazzed if I went to Macaulay so you could visit me. I'm all for that; I've already decided that if I do go, my dorm is totally the holiday meet spot for when friends come home. Though they'll probably want to be with family, as will I. Miss you much!

    ReplyDelete