Friday, March 5, 2010

It's a brand new day, and the sun is high

Today was absolutely the best day so far in London, I reckon.  The weather was beautiful, blue skies, sunny, and warm-ish!!  I walked all the way to the Strand, like a 1-hour walk.  First, I bought tickets to see Love Never Dies, then we went to Trafalgar Square, whereupon I attempted something I thought I could never achieve:

I climbed the lions around Nelson's Column!  It's a big tourist thing where you climb up onto the pedestal of Admiral Horatio Nelson's Column, where there are four bronze lion sculptures.  I thought I could never do it because it is quite high up, but with the help of friends hoisting each other up, we managed to get to the lions.  One of my friends even rode the lion like a lion/cowgirl!  It was most excellent.  We then wandered in the National Gallery and National Portrait Gallery a bit.  The strangest sight of the day was seeing a guy's...self portrait at the NPG.  It was a sculpture of his head, made entirely of his own frozen blood.  It was kept in a plexiglas container kept at -1.5 C.  What.  The.  Eff?

Then, after a really filling lunch of Chinese food and a delicious Costa Earl Grey tea, I walked all the way back.  In 30 minutes, my friends and I are having our Pasta Night, in which we do a potluck of pasta and sauces.  We're doing tagliatelle with pesto!  I'm very excited and hungry!

1 comment:

  1. We've been having nice weather too! Nice weather and Chinese food.

    ReplyDelete