Saturday, May 1, 2010

I'm just a girl / Standing in front of a boy / Asking that boy to love her

Today I went to Notting Hill!  Yes, like the movie.

I feared it would rain today, but the weather was fantastic while we were there.  It is pouring right now, though.  We took the Tube out to Notting Hill Gate and walked around the extremely crowded Portobello Road Market.  There are lots of antique/junk shops and fruits and veggies and things you'd expect of a market.  We had lunch at a greasy spoon diner and then smoothies and just meandered around the neighborhood.

Notting Hill is really beautiful.  The houses come in two flavors, Italianate or...regular row houses.  The Italianate houses are based on palazzos in Italia.  The row houses are all uniquely painted and colourful!  I adored the architecture even more than the market itself.  Here, have a taste:


And yes, I visited the Travel Bookshop, but it wasn't exactly like Hugh Grant's.  It was really nice, though, and I flipped through some nice travel books with fantastic photos.

Cheeeerio!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I understood those references :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful houses! Reminds me of Disneyland...

    ReplyDelete