Sunday, January 24, 2010

Contrary to Popular Belief...

...there is a sun in England, and it does set, and gosh what a beautiful sunset it was!  I think I'm going to collect memories of sunsets around the world.  So far, most common has been Shore Road, by the Verrazano Bridge.  Another good one was the winter sun, setting behind Lower Manhattan, viewed from the Brooklyn Bridge.  My favorite of all time is under the Tuscan sun, viewed from the cupola of Il Duomo.  Today's was...surprising (literally - I was reading organic chemistry when I noticed the adjacent wall was lit up, which it never is, on account of it being so cloudy all the damn time) but beautiful nonetheless.  In fact, I'm still looking right out at the post-sunset sky and, although the clouds look dusky and dark, the sky is streaked with orange-and-pink colors and I can't help but feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.  ♥

3 comments:

  1. I saw the sunset today too!
    Hard to believe we're looking at the same ol' star!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh sansan. this is making me miss you (guys) more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, same here laydee marmalade, lol. But I'm glad you get to see the sun! it's been downright ugly here >_<

    -Ammara

    ReplyDelete