Thursday, February 18, 2010

At a Loss for Snazzy Titles

Phew, it's been a long week.  We had our first organic chemistry exam on Tuesday.  It consisted of 7 problems (each with parts a, b, c, etc.) in one hour.  Other than that, it was really straightforward and kind.  It was nothing like Maitland Jones' tests, which were completely abstract and torturous.  Fingers crossed for a good grade.

We also had a social psychology paper due today, actually.  I'm a bit ashamed to say that I finished it (1,500 words) at 2:00 am this morning...but since class didn't start until 2:00 pm, I woke up at 10:30 am, still able to squeeze in some beauty sleep.  Lovely.  I think it went well.  My title was "What does the Muslim headscarf represent: perpetuating prejudice or self-sufficiency?"  How's that for a snazzy title?  I was really interested in the topic, so I ended up reading tons of articles more than I needed to, but it's all good.

Today, the most exciting thing to happen was that I got a haircut, for free, in the comfort of my own room, done by my lovely and amazing roommate!  My hair was getting a bit unruly and tangled up and clogging the shower drain...so now it's a nice shoulder length.  I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Orgo is the death of me. I am so terrified of the stuff that's yet to come. I'm glad you're feeling better about it though!

    TSK TSK, essay until 2 AM!! I think I did that recently too. :) Sisters in late nights!!

    ReplyDelete