Thursday, September 29, 2016

Recap, Again

Work the last few days has been more of me sitting around, waiting for things to upload or download (I'm looking at you, Google and Bing Ads Editors and Kenshoo...😒) so I have time for a little post.

Wednesday, 28 September

Today, I took a nice long walk to Canary Wharf, where Alex's office is located.  I walked around the Tower of London, which was looking very majestic and brilliant against the sunny cloudless blue sky.  Then, I wove through the north part of St. Katharine's Docks and along the Thames until I hit the distant Financial District about an hour's walk outside of London.  Canary Wharf has got major companies like Citi and Credit Suisse, but what interested me more was the shopping mall, of course.  I had a quick lunch at Nando's, a coffee to go from Caffe Nero, and then hopped on the Tube back home to get to work.

Thursday, 29 September

This was the first rainy day since we arrived, almost exactly a week ago!  We were very lucky to arrive at the end of an Indian summer-like period, though now it's just about the same autumnal temperature as New York.  It was just barely misting when I left the apartment, but when I got to Embankment, it was full-on pouring big rain drops, so I ducked for cover under a bridge and then under some building overhangs.  Turns out that 20% chance of rain wound up happening!

I headed to The British Museum, armed with a Rick Steves audio guide podcast.  I had it on at 1.5x speed, and walked quickly through the Egyptian, Assyrian, and Greek wings.  It was kind of cute to have Rick Steves babbling in the background while I meandered through the oft-visited British Museum again, sort of just drying off and waiting for the rain outside to stop.  Finally, I popped over to the Brunswick Center, taking the same route I used to use when we walked to and from NIDO, and did some grocery shopping at Waitrose.

-----

Saturday's weather is supposed to be dreadful, so we're looking for a cute day trip for Sunday...thinking about Brighton?  I'll let you guys know how it goes!  Have a great end of the week, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment