Thursday, September 22, 2016

My Future Mother-in-Law Can't Pronounce...

Portugal.  (She says it "Portugo" for some reason)

Hello from Portugal!  The land of Cristiano Ronaldo - I felt like I had to call that out for you, Christie.  Just a quick update while I'm waiting to board my next flight to London.

The flight over here was uneventful, too short for a decent amount of rest so I'll have to find the best coffee shop the City of London has to offer.  I was hoping to get the two seats next to me empty in a row of four, but alas a woman who spoke only Spanish and Portuguese climbed over me and proceeded to spread all the way out in the middle two seats.  She fully lay down across the seats with her head in my armpit and her feet in the girl on the other end's lap.  I was pretty pissed and trying to make my presence known (like, kind of nudging her with my side to remind her that she crossed over into my bubble and could she please back the eff up) but my anger melted away when I woke up from my nap and found her sitting upright, with something CRAZY going on with her hair; she must have smushed it into a terrible shape after sleeping on my arm rest.  That scene from There's Something About Mary comes to mind.  The schadenfreude in me was like, "I'm not even mad anymore."

It looks like a beautiful day in Lisbon, Portugal...from what I can see from the airport terminal.  Boarding in 15 minutes!  I'll be greeting you all from London next!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment