Friday, October 7, 2016

Wham

I did such a stupid thing.

Just after I posted about my morning runs, I go and mess it all up today.

I was jogging along the north bank, slow as ever, y'know, trying to conserve my energy to go all the way to Trafalgar Square.  I was listening to Serial season 2, which is super interesting, but I realized I prefer upbeat music when I run so I changed to Hamilton, track 2, "Aaron Burr, Sir".  The first few bars play and WHAM-O, I trip on a bit of pavement and instead of falling to the ground, I am obstructed by a piece of wood put up around a construction site and slam my left shoulder right into it.

It's like those scenes on cop shows when they need to open a locked door so someone with massive deltoids backs up and then smashes into the door and it always works.

I am alright.  No scratches, it didn't even really hurt at the moment, but what's scaring me now is that my upper arm hurts depending on how I move it.  I feel like John McCain; can't really lift my arm high or move it behind me.  Before I sneezed while my arm was on the table and the sharp movement from my sneeze resulted in intense pain.

So I guess here's my excuse to go easy on exercise (i.e. be a bum) for the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment